[Stoves] Help! Are there insulated biogas stoves?

Karolina Hagegård karolinahagegard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:21:13 CST 2017

Hi

I'm currently in Kenya, trying to start up a biogas company:

https://karolinabiogas.wordpress.com/present-project/

I'm having problems finding proper biogas stoves!

Yesterday I had a meeting with a local stoves expert. He sells extremely
efficient insulated stoves for firewood, or the husks of coconuts, or "any
solid combustible material that you want to put in", and he also sells
completely uninsulated biogas burners. So I asked if he wouldn't be
interested in developing an insulated biogas stove for me, by the same
principle as the firewood stove he had, and I'd be selling it together with
my digesters. To my surprise, he wasn't!... He said that in his experience,
gas needs lots of air, so you couldn't insulate it... Is it true? I told
him I'd think about it and get back to him.

This morning, I googled, WITH quotation marks, "insulated biogas stove".
There were no direct hits. I tried "insulated biogas cooker" and "insulated
biogas burners" but still no hits...

So how is it? Is it really true that you can't make an insulated biogas
stove? What's the most energy efficient alternative I can go for?

Most grateful for any advice!

/Karolina
Kenya