[Stoves] Energy in Puerto Rico : Puerto Rico Needs Our Help

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 13:35:44 CST 2017

Tom:

I cooked afternoon porridge for refugee children and managed distribution
of food ingredients and fuel (kerosene) for other refugees. There is no
shortage of people who do good, whether or not they mean to.

I am normally against agendas, though I do have a bias toward Anil's idea
of "rural cafeterias" because not only did I grow up with such experiences
in refugee camps and saw collective cooking and feeding as a workable
option, governments in at least two Indian states (Tamil Nadu and
Karnataka) opened up urban low-cost meal centers (Amma's Kitchens and
Indira Kitchens respectively). The history of collective cooking for the
working class goes back to the origins of urban working class itself, in US
in the late 19th Century. That is how "home economics" and "consumer
economics" started.

And of course the practice of collective cooking for emergencies goes back
at least to Biblical times. I have heard stories of how parts of India
coped with repeated famines from the mid-19th Century to the mid-20th
Century; distribution of meals was one way to save the starved.

Cooking is for feeding people (and livestock), and GACC has obviously done
that too as Anil testified to, referring to sumptuous meals he had.

I am yet to see a single evidence of EPA, WHO or CDC helping improve
cooking and eating among the poor. I didn't think your agenda was any
different from mine. It is only this list that can demand integrity and
accountability from those who use public monies and tax exemptions. A very
American principle of holding powers' feet to fire, just like the First
Amendment. I am still puzzled why you are so upset with me and have not
cited a single challenge against anything I may have misrepresented. I am
answerable to  you because of your leniency for the use of this forum;
please give me a chance to make you happy.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*