[Stoves] communal canteens

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 04:41:33 CST 2017

Here is a uk article about the value of subsidised canteens catering
for some 300 thousand urban poor in India

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-41983359

It's unclear how much subsidy is provided per 5 rupee meal, nor
whether the comparison with a 40 rupee restaurant meal is realistic.

Both Anil and Nikhil have mentioned  the better economics of communal
cooking yet in UK I find eating out, even at fast food outlets is much
more expensive than cooking my own food because even though the energy
needed per meal cooked will be much lower the cost of premises and
cooks' labour easily outweighs fuel savings.

Andrew