[Stoves] A user-centered, iterative engineering approach for advanced biomass cookstove design and development

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Wed Nov 29 13:59:54 CST 2017

Dear stovers,

It looks like these are all Pellet stoves. And the pellets are supplied
for the duration of the testing to reduce variability. A good test as
long as you are ready to supply pellets. Otherwise I'm thinking a waste
of time and money.

"These prototype stoves were introduced on a trial basis to obtain
feedback on user experiences and evaluate whether the stove was robust
to 'real life' usage conditions. Pelletized biomass fuel produced from a
nearby village-scale factory was supplied to homes at no cost to remove
barriers to stove use. Selected homes were already enrolled in a
household energy study. A detailed description of the study site and
homes' energy practices are provided elsewhere (Ni/et al/2016
<http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aa804f/meta#erlaa804fr37>)."

If they determined (and reported) the range of different characteristics
for the optimum biomass fuel then it would be something we could use.

Regards

Frank