[Stoves] A user-centered, iterative engineering approach for advanced biomass cookstove design and development

lh cheng lhkind at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 22:15:03 CST 2017

Another Chinese little project. Surely, it is cookstove, not heater. Too
expensive, 1500RMB (230 USD), in rural area, a big number, very big, no one
buy, not even one, in rural area. For user, many uncertainties to use new
type of stove. if free of charge, a trustworthy friend who is an expert
about this stove, that might be fine.

stove thing should be open-source ( just like Dr Anderson's Champion Stove
), DIY, or made by acquaintance, it is something about family, a cultural
thing, especially in country side. In city, electricity or LPG is enough.

a good approach for stove design maybe is that, basic knowledge of stove
design spread among people, and people help each other.

concerning "stove intervention", during 1959-1961 in China, more than 30
millions of people died because a stove intervention movement. and people
have memories.

best regards