[Stoves] News: Clean Cooking initiative targets Ugandan households with clean energy

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 23:34:23 CDT 2017

Clean Cooking initiative targets Ugandan households with clean energy
<https://www.independent.co.ug/clean-cooking-initiative-targets-ugandan-households-clean-energy/>,
Agnes Nantabad, The Independent (Kampala) 3 October 2017

The national coordinator of the Uganda National Alliance on Clean Cooking
(UNACC) says,

"We are already working with over ten ministerial committees and other
stakeholders to break down the barriers. With regards to the issue of
standardization and the role of other sector players particularly in the
chain of production, we have benchmarked with countries like Brazil where
specialization has really worked; we are trying to harness who does what
and where."

Uganda is expected to start oil production next year
<https://www.platts.com/latest-news/oil/kampala/uganda-on-course-to-start-oil-production-by-early-21128137>,
but I doubt it would be refined there.

Uganda is also said to have large deposits of LPG - which I take to mean
wet gas - but unlikely to be produced in the near term.
<http://www.monitor.co.ug/Business/Prosper/Uganda-should-grow-use-cooking-gas/688616-2920632-ytpfj1z/index.html>

The rate at which fossil fuels keep popping up, I wonder if they should be
regarded as non-exhaustible for the next 50 years.

Nikhil