[Stoves] About LPG and India and biomass stoves

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:18:43 CDT 2017

On 4 October 2017 at 14:52, Paul Anderson <psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>  What happens to the char is
> up for discussion, and I mean discussion at the local level of the people
> who actually have the char from the TLUD stoves.  The "talk" of biochar
> means nothing if biochar is not of interest (or is not of benefit) to the
> households who created the char.

I agree yet we still seem to be unable to ascertain a value for char,
to the stove owner, other than its fuel value, yet in the developed
world people are making biochar, not utilising the heat given off in
the process and yet apparently receiving voluntary carbon credits

My personal hope was that TLUD devices would  be accepted for their
low particulate emissions and would have liked to discuss this
further, especially in respect to how emissions change with moisture
content  or when the char is consumed at end of burn or not.

Andrew