[Stoves] Follow-up about clean biomass fuels

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 8 10:25:57 CDT 2017

Stovers,

Over a week ago I sent a message (attached as a Word document) with this
title and first paragraph:

> *Recognize Clean Cooking with Renewable Solid Fuels 2017-09-29*
>

> We need to deliver *a message to the world* that any discussion of
> access to clean fuel sources for cooking MUST include recognition that
> renewable solid fuels (mainly wood / pellet / chips, but including
> some forms of agro-refuse) are also highly clean burning in modern
> advanced cookstoves.  So, the topic is correctly stated as "clean
> cookstoves and fuels", but it is often reduced to be only "clean
> fuels," which is very misleading.
Is this not one of the top five issues of this Stoves Listserv????

Well, the response has been totally UNDERwelming.  TWO.   Yes, a total
of 2 people sent comments directly to me (without wanting to become
involved) and ZERO comments on the Stoves Listserv.

Does that tell us something about ourselves?   Maybe:
1.  People  do not read the Stoves List messages.
2.  My message content is not clear, or maybe too long, or maybe
something else.
3.  The topic is really not of interest to biomass Stovers.
4.  Biomass Stovers have given up and now accept biomass being regarded
as a "dirty fuel".
5.  Readers are in such total agreement with what I wrote that they feel
no need to comment.
6.  Something else:   ________ fill in the blank _________________
7.  All of the above.

So, I am writing again.   (Stupid Anderson, he will never learn.)

I conclude with what is at the end of my document from last week:

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com