[Stoves] Ghana news: Second Lady named GACC ambassador; HAP deaths "alarming"

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:27:53 CDT 2017

Andrew:

I am glad you finally caught on to my major gripe with this PM2.5 hysteria.
It's a huge issue in Washington as I write this.

On Tuesday, as Scott Pruitt began undoing Obama's Clean Power Plan, he
ignited fiery passions not just among supporters of climate histrionics but
among ideologues for mindless Federal regulation.

The other scientific consensus the EPA is bucking
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-energy-202/2017/10/11/the-energy-202-the-other-scientific-consensus-the-epa-is-bucking/59dcff9230fb0468cea81e52/>,
Dina Grandoni, Washington Post 11 October 2017
Here, Breathe this Coal
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/opinion/coal-clean-power-plan-epa.html?_r=0>,
David Leonhardt, New York Times 11 October 2017.

 A lot of money rides on the question - "Is there a safe level of PM2.5
exposure?"

But that is not the question of law. There are NAAQS and practically all of
the US complies with the PM2.5 Standard. EPA has found a new enemy, now
that sulfate concentrations and exposures have been driven way down. (In
fact, EPA celebrated the acid rain legislation of CAA 1990 not because SO2
emission cuts achieved the purported ecological benefits but that PM2.5
co-emissions had also been reduced, so there must be a health benefit. With
that kind of science, who needs fools?)

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831