[Stoves] Declaration about Woodgas

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 21:52:06 CDT 2017

Anil:

Point taken. I don't think TLUDs have an explosive mixture, but I will let
Paul, Ron, and Crispin to respond.

Let me turn things around and ask YOU: if not safe for closed house
environment, is producer gas from biomass useful for commercial cooking,
like the "cafeterias for the working poor" you suggested some nine years
ago? (What I called Sodexho for the poor? At the time I didn't know
Jayalalitha had Amma's Kitchens in Tamil Nadu and there are Indira Kitchens
in Karnataka.)

Kitk Smith is obsessed with "household cooking" on which he has no data
(and he has junked all his own data on different pollutants and mass
ingestion for the dirty method of concocting concentrations applied to
three billion people in the world). The future of cooking for the poor is
not inside but outside the households, just that I need a few million
dollars to prove Prof. Smith's wrong. (I can instead just quote him to
himself; that's just a labor of love. Stay tuned.)

Nikhil