[Stoves] News: National Geographic on promotion of gas stoves over improved woodstoves - in Guatemala

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 2 22:46:03 CDT 2017

Dear Gordon,

I believe the TLUD technology is an excellent stove to do research on. It being batch feed means the biomass must be laid out correctly at the beginning.  Not sure how you plan on approaching the ‘development of technologies’ but I’m thinking the structure, physical properties, packing properties, void space for air flow and chemical make-up are all constituents to monitor and adjust when optimizing biomass for combustion. I just retired from testing organic biomass for over forty years and know a lot of test methods that might be useful to you. If you could explain more on what you are doing (on this site or by personal E-mail) and if you think I might be of some help with test methods -Let me know. I welcome the change!

Regards

Frank

> On Sep 2, 2017, at 5:05 PM, Gordon West <gordon.west at rtnewmexico.com> wrote:
>
> I have been mostly lurking here for many months reading the posts and looking for bits that have relevance to our development of various TLUD technologies, which we are interested in integrating with the objectives of you other globally conscious biomass/biochar proponents.

Thanks

Frank
Frank Shields
Gabilan Laboratory