[Stoves] Pertinent stove health/climate article

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:22:36 CDT 2017

On 4 September 2017 at 23:25, Ronal W. Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net> wrote:

> This might be a good time to repeat my favorite stove combination - which
> somewhat coincides with the LPG preference of this article.  It is LPG from
> renewable biomass sources -

Ronal surely this is a contradiction in terms Liquid Petroleum Gas?

Normally a mixture of butane and propane.

What is the route for making a biofuel that is liquified under pressure?

What advantage has this over small scale anaerobic digestion?
Presumably the feedstock can be more woody and not depend on having
available volatile solids.

Anaerobic digestion is quite a mature technology within Europe's
agricultural community and techniques exist for reducing sulphur
compounds  to elemental sulphur within the reactor. In my area where
mixed agriculture has declined much of the unused land is contract
cropped to provide maize silage for anaerobic digestion.There are
provisions for methane produced this way to be injected into the gas
main but I don't know if it is done yet as the rewards for running an
electrical generator and feeding that grid are greater.

I have a friend that runs a farm and cheese making factory , the
wastes from which combined with tonnes more silage and sugar beet to
buffer the conditions in the digester are digested and ged to a genset
constanly feeding 100kW into the grid.

He pipes some gas  into the cheesemaking and his home for cooking.

It's come a long way since I read a pamphlet called "composting" by
Ram Bukh Singh in 1970

N:B: there is a digestion bioenergy list but it has been quiet since May.

Andrew