[Stoves] Do "market-based", "results-based" distribution strategies get in the way of the poor.? (Taken from Re: GACC Webinar (that was, Paul, Ron))

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 10 22:42:48 CDT 2017

On 9/10/2017 4:52 PM, Nikhil Desai wrote:
> Dear Paul:
>
> Thank you. It has to be more than "paying the bills". There has to be
> a "smell of success"; as Oli of Eco-Zoom put it at the webinar, 35+%
> gross profit margin.
... snip...
> If interested, there should be a thread on this "Challenge to Biomass
> Stoves Community" by Kirk Smith. What will it take, short of
> governments-driven highly subsidized distribution, to reach the 500
> million?
I have said, but not clearly enough, that the TLUD stoves are ready to
take on this challenge.  The pilot project is discussed in the Deganga
Case Study (at   www.drtlud.com/deganga2016  )  with 11,000 TLUD stoves
in sustained mode utilizing earned carbon credits.   And there is
already started a project with 40,000 TLUD stoves in 2017, with the
credits already pre-sold, meaning that the capital is arranged for the
placement of the stoves.

Now the question is to take this capability to the larger scale, but NOT
based on PRE-sales of carbon credits.  I am working on this, but some
paperwork is still pending.  Stay tuned.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com