[Stoves] [biochar] Where to discuss STOVES AND CARBON offsets and drawdown

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Sep 12 11:04:33 CDT 2017

Dear Frank

According to the CDM rules the carbon credits are supposed to go to 'the person who did the saving'.

I know that people are requiring that a person doing the saving, the stove user, sign over their rights to another party as a condition of sale. I don't know if this is viewed as legitimate by the CDM rules.

But it is certainly happening. People who are saving the emissions by buying and using the stove might get less than a ¼ of the CDM trading income, in some cases, less.