[Stoves] Char used for cooking

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Thu Sep 21 11:38:37 CDT 2017

Nikhil, Stovers,

Thinking the more uses we have for char the more values it will have. From past studies when I worked in a real lab I tested different gass take-up using high activity chars. Propane, butane and methane are the gasses I had available.

I used charred peat to take up methane. This due to the problems in northern Canada and my own curiosity. Perhaps a research direction. But also char stored at the top of an anaerobic digester in bags? or clean up of low levels in an off gas running through a bag of char? Then used as increased energy char for heat or cooking.

Just research ideas.

Regards

Frank

Salinas, CA  93907