[Stoves] The goals of my TLUD work

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Thu Sep 28 10:30:43 CDT 2017

Here are the basic goals I have for my TLUD development work:

1. Achieve as long a period of blue flames as possible;

2. Look like a gas stove burner - aspirational;

3. Be very low cost so teachers can afford to make it;

4. Get pyrolysis and Biochar into schools;

5.  Use the heat from the burning gases as completely as possible;

6. As few and as simple parts as possible;

7. Easy and safe construction with simple tools;

8. No metal cutting or sharp edges;

9. Best run time with the maximum yield of high quality charcoal;

10. A clean process that has minimal negative impacts;

11. Support Drawdown, Regenerative Agriculture, and The Circular Economy;

12. An attractive package that invites use.

Biomass, Thermal energy and Carbon are too valuable to waste.

What did I miss?  Of course others will have different sets of goals.  How much overlap will there be?

Thanks,

Jock

Jock Gill
P. O. Box 3