[Stoves] The goals of my TLUD work

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Thu Sep 28 12:07:15 CDT 2017

Ray,

I have pyrolized all sorts of things. I especially like biochar made from compressed grass mini pucks.  Small pine cones. Various seed pods, etc.    Wood chips work well - even wet ones if there is enough primary air. Sticks and branches probably work best, least amount of prep work, in a flame cap device such as the CharCone.

As you know, in a small diameter reactor it is best if the feed stock is in small pieces.  So there can be a lot of prep work getting feedstock into a good form factor.

In the end, if the feedstock is in an appropriate form factor and not soping wet, I can pyrolize it.  Of course, run times vary.  And remember, I am focusing on education more than clean cook Stoves for rural areas.

Thanks,

Jock

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3