[Stoves] World stove, fantasy draft, flame caps, TLOD, TFOD, DS

Kirk H. gkharris316 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 13:43:49 CDT 2018

Kelpie,

It is festinating the parallels you draw between these down-draft stoves and flame cap kilns.  This is a whole new way to look at how they work.

You brought up the flows from volatilization and oxidation.  The emerging gasses will flow upward as well as downward as you describe.  But there is also gas flowing down from above, so for this hypothesis there must be circulation patterns, as described by Crispin.  All of this is as Dr. Anderson describes as too many speculations.  I think this discussion has defined some questions which may lead to real science and answers.

Thank you for you contributions, the slide show, and expanding my thoughts,

Kirk H.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10