[Stoves] 4 kW !

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:38:35 CDT 2018

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 20:55, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> To have electricity from the grid, PV, inverter, or the Sterling engine at the lowest real-time cost ignores the penalty of superfluous capital costs.

Nikhil do you have any idea of the costs? I know like many innovations
(Tesla's powerwall comes to mind) the capital cost initially makes no
sense but given mass production can make cost fall dramatically...

A free piston design like this Stirling engine was part of a similar
package  developed for the UK's  privatised gas distributor , I had
great hopes for it but it never got beyond trials. It seemed to me
that the technology meant the device (producing 1kW(e) and ~10kW heat
from natural gas) had the potential to be as long lived as a typical
refrigerator/freezer. The electrical output complimented solar PV in
that it was available during the 6 months of the year UK requires home
heating and has little sunshine.

Andrew