[Stoves] Dehydrator

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:53:34 CDT 2018

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 19:13, Anderson, Paul <psanders at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> It would be nice to know how much heat energy is actually needed, but the real issue is to have one and put a very small diameter TLUD to give the heat.   (maybe 4 cm = 1.5 inches).

We can have a  stab at that with a back of the envelope calculation,
the article says it dries 10kg of mangoes in 2 hours.

I'll assume mangoes are about 70% water and will need drying to 17%mc
wwb, So it will need to remove 6.38 litres of water in 2 hours.
Assuming again a 50% effi8ciency then  that needs about 31MJ of heat,
so about 1kg/hour of fairly dry biomass.

Crispin has previously posted on low temperature drying/smoking of fish.

Andrew