[Stoves] Migration Pyrolytic Front (MPF)

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Mon Aug 20 14:15:52 CDT 2018

Just a linguistic question from me as a non native English speaker.

Migration pyrolytic front (= MPF) in a TLUD:

The German word "Front", as I understand, is a line (= linear= unidimensional).
Therefore I have the personnal discomfort thinking/feeling of a line, instaed of a layer by a TLUD in action.

Has the word  "front" in English as well the meaning of a flat or plain or layer (= two-dimansional= laminar)?

- Even, if it is so, I have difficulties to get accustomed to it by my feeling.

Kind Regards

Martin