[Stoves] Forecasting health SDG - household air pollution for 2030

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Dec 17 12:18:56 CST 2018

Dear Paul

You get a big High Five from me on this message.

Spot on.
Crispin

The important report on the SDG 2000 – 2017 includes this about:
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all

(About appropriate measurement)
Existing datasets do not comprehensively measure population use of clean fuels and technology for heating and lighting across locations; we thus report on the exposure to clean (or unclean) fuels used for cooking

As long as wood and other solid biomass is called unclean, the goal can never be achieved.  And until there is recognition that SOME stoves and heating devices CAN and DO burn biomass quite cleanly at the household level (and I refer especially to TLUD gasifier stoves), the needed funding will be denied and people who have no other fuel now or in the future will be included in the failure column.

We press on inspite of such “leadership.”