[Stoves] News: Methanol cooking fuel for india...

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 20:05:06 CST 2018

Stovers,

We pioneered in early 2000 the development of low concentration ethanol
stove <https://nariphaltan.org/ethstove.pdf>. However testing them in rural
huts we found high amounts of CO emitted. This gave headaches to few hut
dwellers. There is a propensity of higher CO emissions in ethanol/methanol
fuels. They should be taken care of properly. Thus the combustion systems
have to be better designed.

GOI in its stupidity is pushing all these things irrespective of their
consequences. They are also pushing for ethanol production for cars from
different biomass fuels. Stovers might like to read about a small essay
that I wrote about it recently.
https://www.thebetterindia.com/167321/sugar-replacement-eco-friendly-ethanol-production-india/

Cheers.

Anil

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:+91-9168937964