[Stoves] News: Methanol cooking fuel for india...

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:22:09 CST 2018

Anil:

“GOI in its stupidity” is a redundancy.

I wonder if this is GoI’s answer to Kirk Smith and GACC theology of “no stacking” and holding all solid fuels unhealthy by definition.

The luminaries at Teri and IIT-Delhi have nothing to say about the risks? Perhaps they have developed perfect combustion systems and fuel storage and handling facilities.

Methanol CAN be used safely, I learned decades ago, and by now there must have been a diverse set of experience.

I do not rule out the possibility that even the courtier scientists of Delhi Sultanate and the USEPA do something other than blind people with their “best science”.

After all, blindness from methanol ingestion is not new to India, nor is it a premature death from air pollution.

Nikhil