[Stoves] a bit more on turning plastic into fuel..Its rather well known and really applicable to us as stove and biofuels makers

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 04:02:27 CST 2018

Hi Frans

On 16 February 2018 at 01:32,  <peetersfrans at telenet.be> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> Today I saw a film about making oil and carbon black from tires on Dutch TV NL2.

Goodyear had a tyre gasification plant  that fueled electricity
generation  but it had lots of problems and didn't stay operating
long, I think many tyres end up being part of the fuel for cement
making where the metal oxides from the bracing wires become
incorprated in the cement.

> DONT BURN PVC  =60% HCl kills plants and surounding !!! white fumes

Yes but as it's highly hydrophilic I imagine it can be scrubbed out of
the flue gases easily, more worrying is if it is poorly oxidised when
it will form dioxins from the chlorine it contains.

> DONT BURN TEFLON=FLUORCARBONS   it gives HF  it kill you in seconds !

Yes hydrogen fluoride is a dreadful  acid as it catalyses bone
destruction and passes through skin but I think the problem of it
being formed from fluoro plastics is overstated.

Andrew