[Stoves] More clean cooking news from Rwanda

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 09:23:01 CST 2018

On 21 February 2018 at 14:35, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends
>
> This is a newsletter from a fuel distribution company – I think well known here.
>
> Readers may recall that the two clips on the top of the combustion chamber (see photo) are used to pull it out of the stove.

Crispin

It's all gone a bit quiet in here

I had a problem looking at some of the links as my browser flagged up
a problem with mailchimp again.

The interesting thing about the project the newsletter was about was
the means of funding the stoves.

I suppose the way cellphones have  rapidly spread and their marketing
ploy of recovering the capital cost by the purchaser entering into a
long term contract is established globally. So by supplying a pellet
stove and recovering the cost through a long term contract to supply
the pellets becomes an accepted idea.

The stove, produced by a Dutch company, looks like a standard fan TLUD
with a USB connection for a battery, the innovative bit is the
provision of two different combustion pots to contain the pellets, one
or hi power and a smaller diameter one for low power.  Nothing is said
about the utility of the residual char apart from a reference to using
residual burning char to re establish combustion in the alternate
combustion pot. The clips you mention facilitating this hot swapping .

Andrew