[Stoves] Fwd: Webinar Recording Now Available: Financing Growth in the Clean Cookstoves and Fuels Market

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Jul 4 12:15:23 CDT 2018

List and Paul:

	Per Paul's request, this is to alert the list to the June 29 GACC webinar that I noted last week  as the webinar was starting.  I consider this webinar quite important - as it failed to mention char-making stoves.   As we have been recently discussing,  I feel that kind of stove has several big built-in marketing advantages.   We should hear more about those in the next GACC webinar - on the Inyenyeri approach, whose Mimi Moto stoves could be producing char.

	One point I missed earlier is that EPA's John Mitchell was in attendance.  John is one of the main leaders in the still on-going ISO process that we have been discussing for the past week.  I don't think that process was covered in this webinar either (but will now look for it).

	I am now listening again and have already picked up one other new lead, beside the two given below.  That is to a new (1 June) report mentioned at about 11:45 of the video - a report out of the University of Michigan business school; to be found at:

	https://ssir.org/articles/entry/accelerating_an_impact_industry_lessons_from_the_clean_cookstove_industry <https://ssir.org/articles/entry/accelerating_an_impact_industry_lessons_from_the_clean_cookstove_industry>

	The failure of this webinar to feature char-making stoves is probably our fault - enthusiasts for such stoves have not been making the case well enough to GACC.  This is a good time to rectify our failures.

	More coming after I listen through again.

Ron