[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 95, Issue 3

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Jul 5 17:13:56 CDT 2018

Dear Tom

I totally agree. It is kg/ton.

The EPA uses several measures. I want to hear from Norbert about the current targets and units. I can convert as needed.

JICA uses kg/ton which sort of makes sense if you are modelling airsheds, but it makes little sense as a stove rating. They have a stove testing facility in Ulaanbaatar in which they ‘test fuels’ which is a conceptually error in the first place.

They have a “standard stove”. The problem is that if one finds a ‘bad fuel’ it can be placed into a different stove and it will be a ‘good fuel’. What then is the point of “testing fuels”??

That’s weird
Crispin

Crispin,

g/ton doesn’t make much sense.

Does the EPA have a reference fuel with an HHV or LHV in MJ/kg or GJ/ton?

Tom