[Stoves] Celebrate! First-ever international standard for laboratory testing of cookstoves published.

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 20:46:23 CDT 2018

Xavier:

Since you, Crispin, Philip, and Harold were present at the IWA meeting,
permit me to ask you and them (cc'd here):

1. What is the budget for ISO TC-285, and who is covering what costs, for
how long?
2. Is there a schedule of deliverables for the entire output of TC-285 and
if it is public, could you please help locate it?
3. If the participation in TC-285 and its working groujps is covered not by
contracts with ISO but via other organizations - such as GACC, WHO, ANSI -
are the terms of those contracts in the public domain, and are there any
measures for financial audits or compliance with the terms and conditions
of the respective contracts?
4. How many countries are currently considered likely to incorporate the
TC-285 "international standards" in their respective national laws and
regulations, and what is the likely market volume of such
"standard-compliant" solid fuel stoves in 2020 and 2025?

I am cc;ing Neeraja and Sally Seitz on this post to see if they have
answers to any of these questions.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai