[Stoves] Stove types and poverty [Was Rogerio: Pro-publicaarticle out]

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Jul 26 15:04:24 CDT 2018

Dear Paul

> I am not against the clean burning of coal by poor people.

What have you got against rich people who burn with undetectable emissions? There is nothing wrong with almost all coals.

>TLUDs in the current discussions are those with biomass fuel unless you clearly state that a stove is a coal burner with at top lit design (do not say TLUD which is now a name in itself and understood to be using biomass fuel).

I do not agree that a method of combusting fuel that was first patented in 1707 (for making coke out of coal) is reserved for burning biomass. You made that up. You are going to lose that argument.

Your friend