[Stoves] Stove types and poverty [Was Rogerio: Pro-publicaarticle out]

Anderson, Paul psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:23:31 CDT 2018

Crispin,

The rich people are burning coal as a society, a collection of people acting together with companies burning the coal for them to produce electricity and other industrial applications.
And that coal does have emissions even when cleanly burned.   The emission of VAST AMOUNTS OF CO2 is undesirable (perceived so by most of us).  Color me “anti-coal” regarding affluent societies that could afford to shift to renewable energy.

We agree to disagree about the designation of TLUD as a name that means biomass-burning stoves …..  and not just any fire that is ignited at the top.

Paul

Doc / Dr TLUD / Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP