[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 95, Issue 28

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 14:33:37 CDT 2018

> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 12:15:41 -0400
>> From: alex english <aenglish444 at gmail.com>
>> To: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves
>>         <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 95, Issue 26 top lit updraft
>>         burning

Sorry, Alex, I didn't reply to your question of load size and matching
(modulation).

Our normal load is 30 kg, and our minimum load is 15 kg. I'm sure you could
do
smaller loads by using small wood, but it is not something we have looked
at. Even
half loads are rare except perhaps in a zero energy house. We can double
our output
by halving the firing interval from 24 to 12 hrs. This gives you an output
range of
6,000 BTU/hr - 20,000 BTU/hr (1.75 kW - 6 kW) (average).
--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders