[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 93, Issue 19

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 04:14:24 CDT 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018 at 17:28, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Burden of disease of the cohorts dead will not be replicated in future cohorts.

I'm a bit late responding on this discussion but Nikhil's line above
is something that worries me about current pronouncements of premature
deaths.

It seems to me in my local environment that many sources of bad
pollution have been controlled, some new ones like micro plastics have
been recognised recently. I suspect that similar is true through most
of the globe excepting areas ravaged by war.

So is the pollution I was exposed to as a child 60 years ago still
playing a part in the  calls to ban wood smoke, vehicle emissions etc,
when the current levels of things like particulates are being reduced
by better combustion, or in the case of vehicles better filtering?

Notwithstanding that perfection is the enemy of good enough and that
no one should be suffered to inhale smoke.

Andrew