[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 93, Issue 19

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Jun 3 12:37:25 CDT 2018

Hanging around in nightclubs is also bad for your health. And barbies.

Australian guitarist Phil Emmanuel has died<https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5789482559001> at the age of 65 after suffering an asthma attack.

Farewell Phil, gone 21 years prematurely. We'll attribute that somehow.  The greatest guitarist<https://youtu.be/ox6C-OBN9VU> you have never seen. His fingers are smokin<https://youtu.be/is4JWEu7oS4>'! He should have slowed down. Click<https://youtu.be/sLwGAvTl3ZY> to inhale<https://youtu.be/m7DgQX6GRQY>.

Crispin

On Tue, 29 May 2018 at 17:28, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Burden of disease of the cohorts dead will not be replicated in future cohorts.

I'm a bit late responding on this discussion but Nikhil's line above

is something that worries me about current pronouncements of premature

deaths.

It seems to me in my local environment that many sources of bad

pollution have been controlled, some new ones like micro plastics have

been recognised recently. I suspect that similar is true through most

of the globe excepting areas ravaged by war.

So is the pollution I was exposed to as a child 60 years ago still

playing a part in the  calls to ban wood smoke, vehicle emissions etc,

when the current levels of things like particulates are being reduced

by better combustion, or in the case of vehicles better filtering?

Notwithstanding that perfection is the enemy of good enough and that

no one should be suffered to inhale smoke.

Andrew