[Stoves] Celebrate! First-ever international standard for laboratory testing of cookstoves published.

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 04:38:25 CDT 2018

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 04:16, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> *Ronal>Measuring char-making capabilities of a cook stove that excels in
> emissions and other ways is probably a real problem if one is into
> coal-consuming heating stoves.*
>

> Are you trying to impugn the work of thousands of diligent workers
> bringing better lives and living conditions to the hundreds of millions of
> people suffering from coal and smoke in Asia? Even for you, that is a
> scurrilous *ad hom* comment.

Crispin that it a non sequitur from Ronal's (correct) point and itself
disingenuous ad hominem attack.

It's a simple fact that char making and coal burning stoves are opposites.

I applaud your placing a design into the public domain and there is little
doubt coal will be used to make heat and power for a while yet, all the
time some of my electricity is provided by coal burning I'm not going to
deny anyone the right to keep warm when no alternative means are available.

However coal burning space heating appliances are not a topic for this list
any more than discussing hydronic or hot air central heating systems.

If you are not willing to do the groundwork necessary to make useful
> contributions to the science of performance testing and rating, your level
> of influence will not rise above its current undetectable level.

That is a woolly and unnecessary statement as Ronal does more groundwork
looking into the science of burning and pollution than most on here, myself
included.

> This correspondence is sufficiently complete.

I would hope so but am well used to your desire to have the last word.

Andrew