[Stoves] Interesting Video

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:34:10 CDT 2018

On 27 March 2018 at 13:48, Gordon West <gordon.west at rtnewmexico.com> wrote:
> Not all “food production” is vegetative, either. I understand that bodies of
> water are becoming more acidic due to higher atmospheric CO2 levels, which
> is affecting aquatic life productivity and diversity in a negative way. The
> simplistic perspective that it’s okay to mess with the complex system of
> life on the planet because it might increase “food production” for humans
> does not seem pragmatic to me. I am more likely to believe that natural
> systems will produce the optimal balance in a complex world of life, than
> humans “engineering” it for one narrow purpose or another while proceeding
> in ignorance about everything else.

Gordon There are many of us worried about how man's impact on the
earth is affecting our lives and life in general.

I think Crispin was wrong to conflate the photosynthesis issue with
the original post's point about pollution from open burning of wood
but long ago we decided that climate change issues were best debated
off the stoves list

Andrew