[Stoves] Mis-information

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 15:34:03 CDT 2018

Gordon, Andrew and list:

	1.  Some friends and I wrote about this topic 8 years ago;  see:
http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/EverythingNice_WorldStove <http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/EverythingNice_WorldStove>;
   I have forgotten most about the test - which I think we can repeat in a few weeks when my friends are back in town.  Now I know better what to look for.
	If Rob Lavoie (address unknown) is still on the list (he also commented favorably 8 years ago), I hope he will also comment on his experiences.

	2.  The instructions   http://worldstove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/EverythingNice_Stove_Instructions.pdf <http://worldstove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/EverythingNice_Stove_Instructions.pdf>
for my friends’ version of the ENS/TLOD led to the holes for the inner can being only 3/4 inch up from the bottom.  Not the same issue about these higher “Venturi” hole locations in Gordon’s diagram (which is at http://worldstove.com/stoves <http://worldstove.com/stoves>).  I believe this diagram was only intended to get across the downdraft and Venturi principles;  the holes for the main updraft outer air wouldn’t be as shown either (at the very bottom).

	3.  Note that the figure supplied by Gordon clearly shows no other holes for the inner can (none on the bottom surface);  there is no way the stove in this figure could operate as a TLUD. The instructions violate everything we know about TLUDs.  And it did operate.  (As a TLOD.)

	4.   Nat’s commercial units operate much better.  A typical World Stove sales pitch is at  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0NvG5EAJg <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0NvG5EAJg>, with 5 more short videos following.  There are other "Nat” videos I’ll supply later.

	5.  More coming on Venturi principles - which have no place in TLUDs.
	Andrew - this to remove your skeptical tendencies - hopefully others as well.  The key to all the discussion is the  Venturi effect.
	Background:  I was at the same table as Andrew has noted below - in Newcastle UK in 2008.  I have had a great deal more interaction with Nat (and Andrew) after that.

Ron