[Stoves] Mis-information

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 31 22:30:34 CDT 2018

Ron,

You treat the past as if it were the present.
> *RWL1:  Thanks to Crispin for his additional support that World Stove
> is alive and well. *
Crispin said nothing about the present.   His was a prior observation.
NO news about the state of World Stove.
> *a)  On the one hand, Nat has a patent -.........*
> *b)  I admire Nat’s work, and know he has invested a lot of time and
> money in its development. *
The word "has" can refer to things done earlier and still acknowledged
as having occured.   But "has invested" is not the same as "is
investing."  There is ZERO evidence of Nat's continuing to work on his
devices.   I hope that he is doing so, but the silence for 5 or 8 years
is total.  Only you (Ron) keep making it sound as if World Stove is
still active or if Nat is still active with stoves.
> *e).  Maybe Nat can authorize (with royalties) other manufacture and
> use of what he is selling.*
The word "is" is not appropriate without evidence of some (any?) selling
actually occuring or even being attempted.

Thank you for bringing up a previous message from me, even though you
and I disagree about this topic.   I totally continue to maintain what I
wrote in that cited message.   Tryner's work was seriously flawed in the
section where re-loading of TLUD stoves was examined.  Neither she nor
her supervisors were aware of actual TLUD stove usage.  They just
experimented with a substantial amount of additional fuel and found
problems, and the "second phase" was without any MPF (migratory
pyrolytic front).  How many people (in addition to you) have been misled
by that part of that research? It is better if it is ignored that to
have that approach be studied and propogated.
> *[RWL3:  I agree on being able to add fuel with Nat’s TLODs.*
> (Some Mulcahy videos show this.) * But so can any TLUD.  The doctoral
> thesis by Jessica Tryner covers this topic as expressed (with
> unhappiness) by Paul Anderson at:*
> http://www.drtlud.com/epost/re-stoves-new-handbook-for-biomass-cookstove-research-design-and-development/

And nobody has found Heath Putnam yet?   He has valuable inputs if we
can find him.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com