[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 93, Issue 5

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:36:36 CDT 2018

Here's an interesting study, published today:

"Coarse particulate matter (PM2.5–10) in Los Angeles Basin air induces
expression of inflammation and cancer biomarkers in rat brains."

What is interesting is that, even with long term exposure, they only found
the specific biomarkers in PM2.5-10 (coarse PM), but not in ultrafine PM
(<0.15 um) or fine PM (<2.5 um).
90% of wood smoke PM is smaller than 1 um.

Norbert

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders