[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 93, Issue 19

Harold Annegarn hannegarn at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:40:22 CDT 2018

NIkhil

In celebration of your delightful acerbic alliterations, I would like to
invite you to a braaivleis# (a South African barbecue).
At his event, you will be given the place downwind of the fire to inhale
the smoke generated by the wood as it ignites, as as it flares up as fat
from the  lamb chops and boerewors (coriander spiced local "farmer's
sausage"). You will occupy this privileged position, moving around to stay
with your head in the cloud of smoke as the wind shifts for the duration of
the event. You will not be permitted to wipe the tears from your eyes nor
wipe the snot from your nose as it dribbles down your chin. As a special
concession, you will be permitted to pontificate on the non-biological
action of smoke on the human physiology.

Indeed this experiment will not be submitted for publication in the
International Journal of Irreproducible and Irrelevant Results, despite the
potential grants, promotions and prestige that it would bring me.

I rest my case.

Best regards
Harold the Physicist

# braaivleis ==> a semi-religious ceremony whereby humanoid species, only
with dingle-dangle attached, take perfectly good animal protein and convert
it to char, thereby rendering a sacrifice to the Great God Climate Change
and his acolytes resident in Bonn. Humanoids lacking said appendage are
banned from participation in this ceremony, and are confined to the kitchen
(unhealthful!!!  space), to convert biomass into decorations for the char
sacrifice.

Harold Annegarn
Associate Professor, School of Geo and Spatial Sciences,
North-West University, Potchefstroom
Associate Professor, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Mobile +27 (0)83 628 4210           Office +27
hannegarn at gmail.com <hannegarn at outlook.com>
hannegarn at outlook.com