[Stoves] TLUD Design and operation

Norman Baker ntbakerphd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 12:59:34 CDT 2019

Recently we had some discussion about TLUD design and cookstoves. The TLUD
Summit was very beneficial. Currently building version 24.

One recent comment from someone discussing TLUD design was that (as I
recall) "sharp corners result in the formation of soot in the exhaust
stream". I assume this means sharp corners in the metals used in the stove.
My interpretation is the metal sunflower or turbulator used in many TLUD
cookstoves.

 Or is it sharp corners in the spaces where combustion and/or pyrolysis
occurs?

Does anyone have any ideas or comments or experience on that issue?

Thanks,

Norm