[Stoves] TEG Thermoelectric Generator for stoves

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:15:24 CST 2019

Crispin:

Could you please give some idea of daily average and peak electric demand
of some users, and corresponding locations, where TEGs can be viable
substitutes for pico-PV or diesel/kerosene generators?

It would help to know the cost and quality of the requisite amount of
biomass and the split between cooking and non-cooking requirements.

Why not just use the TEG for electric cooking via induction stoves?

Over the years I have found solid or liquid biofuels for small-scale
electricity provision - own use or small grids for greenfield
electrification - to be a waste of money or attention. Past failure is no
guarantee of future failure, and biomass for grid feed-in or cogen is an
established business line but even then for limited range of contexts.

Trees grow on land, need water and labor, and skills and finance.
Renewability is mere puffery; nothing is strictly renewable, not even
research grants.

Nikhil