[Stoves] Woodstove Design Challenge

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 04:48:33 CST 2019

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 20:23, Norbert Senf <norbert.senf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a photo story I put together:
> http://heatkit.com/research/2018/Stove%20Design%20Challenge/2018%20Stove%20Design%20Challenge.htm

Thanks Norbert, good write up, I have yet to follow up some of the links.

Whilst most of the burners depicted are for space heat (and power) in
the developed world  the techniques  show promise for more universal
use.

I was particularly interested in the 30kV electrostatic precipitation,
yet it only reduced particulates by 62%, I was expecting more, before
I read up on it do you remember its power consumption?

Also the nano particle counter next in your report, it mentions a 1nm
cut off, can you say whether it is cutting off less than 1nm and
sampling larger? Presumably below are at the molecular level as I
think the size of a water molecule is around 1/3 nano metre.

Thanks

Andrew