[Stoves] Moderated Message

Tony Vovers vovers1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:41:28 CST 2019

Aaron
It's not my area of specialty but I suspect rice husks pyrolysis has a lot
different chemistry going on than other woody biomass.
The rice husks ash is 90+% silicon dioxide Si02 compared to mainly calcium,
potassium, magnesium in wood ash.
SiO2 is one of the key components of thermite that can melt steel and burns
with a bright blue flame.

Thanks for posting, it's an interesting observation and a reminder that we
should not just focus on the organics in our biomass fuels.