[Stoves] Suggestions for a Survey Company in Tanzania

K McLean info at sun24.solar
Thu Jun 6 13:53:26 CDT 2019

Any suggestions for a company that can survey an area outside of Dar es
Salaam for the usage of rocks in cookstoves?

We've trained in many areas in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, India and Gambia on
using rocks to improve traditional wood cookstoves.  Our latest training
model is to partner with Catholic dioceses.  We pay the expenses for the
training, about $2,000 per diocese.  The diocese finds a trainer to train
the parish women leaders.  The parish women leaders return to their
villages and train the village women leaders.  The village women leaders
then train everyone regardless of faith.

The Diocese of Morogoro, Tanzania is a good, representative diocese.  We
trained the parish women leaders two months ago.  Caritas Morogoro, our
partner, estimates that one-third of the households in the diocese are
already using rocks, 100,000 households.

This "estimate" is more of an educated guess.  I'd like to perform a survey
in the diocese to obtain a more accurate estimate of the number of
households using rocks.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Kevin