[Stoves] "a breakthrough in clean cooking"

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Jun 11 19:57:26 CDT 2019

Dear Friends

I am not sure how many of you get posts from Inyeryeri so here is a forward and link.

This information came from: Inyenyeri <info at inyenyeri.com>

Here is the paper on the stove itself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1cKj13pTQOq2HxNRibNjeMTNGVLowcy/view

Field Study Proves: Inyenyeri Cuts Emissions 90+%, Nearing LPG Performance
Our Fuel+Stove system delivers "enormous emissions reductions compared to traditional wood and charcoal stoves...health and climate cobenefits far above other biomass stoves that have been deployed in the field, and approaching those offered by LPG."

A very important statement is found on line 326

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D520FC.9D448AE0]

They have a section in the newsletter about the Wexford Declaration which encapsulates two interesting ideas that are in part the result of discussions reflected on this Stoves List.

The Wexford Declaration on Clean Cooking
One event we just finished participating in was the Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050 <https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Finyenyeri.us17.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3Dd311672b6454d8e46857e4e76%26id%3D4baa9643cd%26e%3Db987c3f7f5&data=02%7C01%7C%7C78e6de70f04f4734a9ad08d6ee98ffcf%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636958739449554536&sdata=vbh16dp7wq4sGwAAnRlxn9LlCnPWdCxK6VvIClSJPBg%3D&reserved=0> conference in Wexford, Ireland. It's often noted that the biggest ideas come from the smallest places, and perhaps hereto the same is true.

Conferees came from around the world to highlight, debate, and propose alternatives to the often falsely binary choice presented about clean cooking--either it's dirty biomass, or clean LPG. But we all know that's not the case, and the group met to share the latest research, best practices, and innovative business models. Before leaving, they crafted the below, which will be a powerful contribution to the international dialogue on this topic.  We are honored to be adding our name to the list of signatories.