[Stoves] Off-topic: Biomass power and charmaking

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:36:44 CST 2019

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 04:42, d.michael.shafer at gmail.com <
d.michael.shafer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I make a distinction between biochar briqutettes and what you refer to as
> "densified fuel." By densified fuel, you seem to include what I would call
> "fuel pellets."

I would also like to point out the distinction between charcoal, coal, coke
and biochar. Biochar is a term coined by the late Peter Read for a char
product used as an adjunct to soil.

The others are used as fuels of various sorts. This list is dedicated to
the use of fuels derived from biomass. coal and coke are not within this
remit although we discuss them where similar technologies might be worthy
of mention.

I suggest you mean char briquettes.

Andrew