[Stoves] Unexpected Rising Levels of Atmospheric Methane

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:20:41 CST 2019

Julian:

Thank you.

I agree in principle that changes in methane emissions should be recognized
by stove testers.

However, a) methane measurements are inherently questionable even in labs,
as Crispin has argued, b) field origins are below any de minimus standard I
can imagine worth bothering about.

Until we get modern stoves accepted by tens of millions of people, I don't
think obsessing over methane emission rates from biomass stoves is worth a
dime.

Still, I would very much like to make it worth a dime per kgCO2e avoided -
no cost-sharing with Gold Standard, and I will not license them the use of
the standard.

Nikhil
Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831