[Stoves] Fwd: Fwd: Simple Modifications to Traditional Wood Cookstoves - Rocks and Clay Grates

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon May 27 12:22:24 CDT 2019

Dear Rogerio

Do you have a movable gas path controller that forces hot gases under the oven when you want to bake?

I like your mortaring.

Thanks
Crispin

Hello Ron and stove colleagues:

Indeed, very interesting what Kevin is doing with three stone fire to improve efficiency. Clever, and boy, it took more than 10k years to figure out such simple solution.......

Regarding the rocket stoves, what I have done is what a call an extended rocket stove chamber.   Usually an stand alone rocket stove supports only one pot under its combustion chamber, but if you add a griddle on top of it, you can use two or even three pots by channeling the hot gases under the griddle, before going to a chimney.

My extended rocket stove does support two pots under the same combustion chamber, which basically I make  a longer rocket stove ¨chimney¨, which does allow two pots above and on the same level. Of course, the fuel consumption is higher, 1.45 kg/hour in contrast with 0.9 kg/hour in a one pot stove.

I made this extended rocket stove in order to power a four burners Premium Ecostove, which has an one meter long griddle (4 pots holes), a 45 liters oven, and a water coil heater.   Basically, I get direct flames under the first two holes from the extended rocket chamber, and also flames onto the third hole by the suction from the chimney draft.  On the fourth hole I usually get flames only when the stove is operating at full power.

This new stove was developed in response to the Brazilian market, which liked the benefits of the rocket stove, but demanded a more powerful and useful stove.  Here a link for a photo of our Premium Ecostove https://ecofogao.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/WhatsApp-Image-2018-07-16-at-10.44.02.jpeg<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fecofogao.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2FWhatsApp-Image-2018-07-16-at-10.44.02.jpeg&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cfd26c77f06d947fc06ba08d6e2c66df4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636945739210128682&sdata=5eDGTiXBJQ4v8eBEG%2FRsfuj1mC3ExhKLQbWWp%2B1Kn%2BU%3D&reserved=0>

Regards

Rogério