[Stoves] Woman entrepreneur of the year

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 08:22:08 CST 2019

Crispin:

Says a lot about CCA and rich theories of rich people floating on sea level
rise or over a bridge to nowhere.

Looks like they are now manufactured in Gujarat. I will try to check out
the manufacturer when I am next there.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/entrepreneurship/playing-with-fire-how-greenway-provides-a-safer-alternative-to-cook-for-rural-india/articleshow/67466855.cms?
<https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/entrepreneurship/playing-with-fire-how-greenway-provides-a-safer-alternative-to-cook-for-rural-india/articleshow/67466855.cms?from=mdr>

The revenue target for the coming year is around $30 m, kinda impressive
with stoves at $20 and $40 retail; it's not cheap to maintain a delivery
and maintenance chain in India, even if labor costs are low and
concentrated in south and east India as the story claims.

I wonder how much of the revenue comes from the silly carbon market with
fat fees for intermediaries and the requirement that the "traditional" mud
stoves must be destroyed. Or what Kirk Smith thinks of these stoves,
whether "truly health protective" and whether permitted to be "stacked"
with LPG, easily a preferable alternative when the stove costs are the same
and where woodfuel cost is 20 USc/kg.

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*